Your region

In the United Kingdom there are a range of dental specialities and these are defined and governed by the General Dental Council.  You may have been referred to one of these specialists, or someone who has additional skills in these areas.

Here is some information on the specialties, the training that has been undertaken and what you might expect from an assessment or treatment appointment.

Don’t forget if you have questions about why you have been referred, or more details on the treatment you need – please speak to your dentist.

Each of the sections below contains additional links to further information and professional groups.

Area: Central Midlands | Cheshire & Merseyside | East Anglia and Essex | Greater Manchester | Lancashire | Thames Valley | Yorkshire & Humber