End User Licence Agreement – EULA
The EULA provides information on your use of the system, including your responsibilities to adhere to basic principles of governance and clinical safety. By logging into the system you are agreeing that you have both read, and have agreed, to the tems of the EULA and that this represents a contract between RMSL and yourself.
You should read the full document by accessing the link below.
Download the EULA document to read in full here
We have provided some of the headline information with respect to responsibilities here, but the entire document should be considered before using the application. If you do not agree with any of the provisions within the EULA you should not login and please contact us with any concerns you may have.
Patient Confidential Data
RMSL are committed to ensuring patient confidentiality through appropriate data security measures in relation to this application.
Access to Personal Confidential Data (PCD) will only be allowed where there is 1) a strictly defined legitimate relationship OR 2) there is a legal gateway that allows it. At all times RMSL will have control of how this is determined.
However authorised organisations that access and use the applications are also data controllers and are responsible for ensuring that their staff 1) maintain patient confidentiality (where they have access to such data) or 2) the confidentiality of commercially sensitive data is maintained.
Those organisations have the responsibility for ensuring that only the appropriate staff can have access and have the final responsibility to ensure that all leavers have their account suspended/locked.
Adverse Incident Reporting and Clinical Safety Issues
Should you notice that information provided by the application is incorrect, has been corrupted or is excessive based on your access rights i.e. you have received patient data which you are not entitled to you must report this as an adverse incident (please see Contact Section about how to do this).
You should also make us aware of:
Any instance where you have entered incorrect data that could impact on patient care
Any instance where the use of the application has prevented or hindered the delivery of patient care
Any instance where use of the application has delayed patient care
You become aware of any real or potential clinical safety issue with your use of the system
The following must be complied with:
- Your organisation MUST maintain compliance with the Data Security & Protection Toolkit across all requirements
- Organisational Fair Processing Notices must be kept up to date and patients must be notified that their data is being transferred to RMSL who will process this as part of the contract between commissioners and Dental Practices
- Your organisation is confirming that it is UK GDPR/Data Protection Act 2018 compliant
- Staff and practices must maintain the confidentiality of their account and password by restricting access to their computer to prevent unauthorised access and ensure that they use their 2FA at all times.
- Staff agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under their account or password and that such activities may be requested by legal authorities including the patient or their representative and the General Dental Council.
- Staff shall take all necessary steps to ensure that their password is kept confidential and secure and shall inform RMSL as set out in the Contact section immediately if they have any reason to believe that their password has become known to anyone else, or if the password is being, or is likely to be, used in an unauthorised manner
- Staff must not knowingly (or be encouraged to) use or share credentials unless such sharing is part of a practice or group-based login. In such circumstances users will have individual 2FA codes to identify their access to the service. Where such an incident occurs in an organisation that accesses PCD ALL users access may be suspended until assurances have been provided that appropriate action has been taken to resolve this matter
Please ensure that the details that you provide us with are correct and complete and inform us as set out in the Contact section immediately of any changes to information that you have provided us.
You have the right to withdraw your personal account information from us at any time (please see Contact Section about how to do this). Thirty days after you notify us your personal account details will be permanently locked and/or deleted (but full audit trails of activity will be retained)
Any feedback, comments, ideas, improvements or suggestions provided by You to the Company with respect to the Application shall remain the sole and exclusive property of the Company.
The Company shall be free to use, copy, modify, publish, or redistribute the Suggestions for any purpose and in any way without any credit or any compensation to You.
Uploading Images and Radiographs
You must comply with the terms set out in ‘Content’ below and also ensure that:
- Your images or radiographs are correctly identified as belonging to the patient being referred
- That you have an SOP in place to ensure that images are so correctly identified
- That you accurately record the date the images were taken or acquired
Should you become aware of an instance where an incorrectly identified image has been uploaded you should notify us immediately.
Compliance with appropriate Regulator
You should ensure that at all times your use of the application complies with the standards set by your regulator, either the General Dental Council or General Medical Council, with respect to:
Acting in patient’s best interests
Keeping patient’s data safe
Any other relevant guidance or standards
You may not use the Application for any fraudulent purposes or in connection with a criminal offence or other lawful activity. The Computer Misuse Act 1990 and Data Protection Act 2018 both apply and will be strictly enforced by RMSL. Access to the application will be immediately suspended by RMSL should it consider that those access rights are being used inappropriately.
The Application may display, include or make available third-party content (including data, information, applications and other products services) or provide links to third-party websites or services.
You acknowledge and agree that the Company shall not be responsible for any Third-party Services, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality or any other aspect thereof. The Company does not assume and shall not have any liability or responsibility to You or any other person or entity for any Third-party Services.
You must comply with applicable Third parties’ Terms of agreement when using the Application. Third-party Services and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience to You and You access and use them entirely at your own risk and subject to such third parties’ Terms and conditions.
Full EULADownload a PDF copy hereDownload
GDC GuidanceInformation from the GDCFind out more